San Pablo Reservoir Observation Point Rock WallArchive Photo
This CCC built observation point is located along the southern side of the reservoir, about half-way down, and just opposite the outfall tower (the only such structure on the lake). The point includes a rock wall and stairway that was originally intended as a stopping place for motorists to get good views of the lake. It was built in March of 1935 and is now on land that is publicly accessible.
The toilet and other CCC structures are no longer functioning, however there is an effort underway to get the CCC sites on the lake officially recognized by EBMUD, as well as to clear brush from the site and make it more accessible.
Project submitted by Donald Bastin.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE