The federal Works Progress Administration (WPA) conducted improvement work at was then known as the Saint Lawrence State Hospital in Ogdensburg, New York. Among the improvements were “painting 31,100 square yards of surface and construction of 10,000 square yards of concrete floors and verandas. An open canal was built, window guards were reinforced and interior and exterior repairs were made to the Flower and other buildings.”
"Herzog Defends WPA ..." Ogdensburg Journal, Aug. 14, 1941, page 4. http://nyshistoricnewspapers.org/lccn/sn84031165/1941-08-14/ed-1/seq-4/ http://nyshistoricnewspapers.org/lccn/sn84031311/1938-10-11/ed-1/seq-5/
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on January 26, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE