Saint Bernard Parish Courthouse
“The St. Bernard Courthouse in Chalmette was built with funds from the Public Works Administration (PWA) project. The building was designed by the architectural firm of Weiss, Dreyfous, and Seiferth.” (knowla.org)
The cornerstone dates the courthouse to 1939. KnowLA writes that the 11 parishes that received new courthouses attributable at least in part to the PWA are: Caldwell, Cameron, East Carroll, Iberia, Jackson, Madison, Natchitoches, Rapides, St. Bernard, St. Landry, and Terrebonne. As of 2014 each of the courthouses is in active use.
http://www.knowla.org/entry/495/ http://www.knowla.org/image/469/&view=summary Cornerstone
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on April 13, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE