Rutledge College, is building on the University of South Carolina campus in Columbia, South Carolina. The building was improved with New Deal funds.
The school’s building history pages state:
“When South Carolina College first opened its doors January 10, 1805, the building now called Rutledge was the college. The only building on the campus at the time, it served as dormitory, lecture hall, chapel, library, faculty housing, and laboratories.”
“In 1934 a Civil Works Administration grant paid for repairs to LeConte, Davis, Sloan, Rutledge, and DeSaussure colleges and other buildings.”
Rutledge College is located along the south side of the Horseshoe.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on September 13, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE