Rujada Forest Camp Registry Booth
After the establishment of the Civilian Conservation Corps’ (CCC) Camp Brice Creek in 1933, the enrollees undertook development of the Rujada Forest Camp. They constructed the forest camp to provide a recreation facility for visiting family, friends and local residents.
CCC workers built the campground’s registry and information booth in 1934. It’s rustic design includes large diameter peeled logs and poles, a flagstone platform and split shake gable roof.
The forest camp’s current configuration provides twelve single- and three double-campsites.
"Civilian Conservation Corps Rujada Forest Camp" Plaque (2004) Erected by the National Association of CCC Alumni, Chapter 4, and the Umpqua National Forest.
Oregon State Historic Preservation Office Database. "Rujada Information/ Registry Booth" See: http://heritagedata.prd.state.or.us/historic/index.cfm?do=v..dsp_siteSummary&resultDisplay=656106
"Umpqua National Forest: Rujada Forest Camp" website. https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/umpqua/recreation/camping-cabins/recarea/?recid=63436&actid=29 Viewed: January 20, 2022.
Project originally submitted by Jim Reed on January 20, 2022.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE