Roy B. Inks Bridge, East Side
A disastrous flood in June 1935 washed away the existing highway bridge across the Llano River in Llano, Texas. The Texas Highway Department designed a new bridge in the fall of 1935 and built a new two-lane four-span Parker through truss bridge using Federal Emergency Relief funds made available through the Hayden-Cartwright Act of 1934, although no specific federal agency is noted for administration of the funds. The Austin Bridge Company constructed the bridge in 1936 at a cost of $155,724.
The bridge is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as a contributing structure to the Llano County Courthouse Historic District. The Texas Department of Transportation rehabilitated the bridge in 2006 under their Texas Historic Bridges Program, including widening the pedestrian walkway on the east side. The bridge is still in use for vehicular traffic.
Texas Historic Bridge Marker at site NRHP Nomination form - Llano County Courthouse Historic District
Project originally submitted by Larry Moore on June 3, 2016.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE