Robertson Stadium Construction on October 30, 1941By Elwood M. Payne of Paralta Studios (photography), Harry D. Payne (architecture), Fretz Construction Company (construction) - Fretz Construction Company, Attribution, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=8099045
Robertson Stadium was “constructed as a joint project between HISD and the Works Progress Administration by the Fretz Construction Company.”
Originally Named Public School Stadium it was completes in 1942. Houston Independent School District renamed the stadium Jeppesen Stadium. In the 1970’s the stadium was renamed Robertson Stadium after being aquired by the University of Houston. It was home to many University of Houston, Texass Southern, and Houston Independents School District events until it was demolished in 2012.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on March 31, 2018.
Additional contributions by Michael Foster.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE