A substantial structure, of conservative Colonial Revival design. Its only ornament of any significance is the Palladian Window in the center pavilion, with a delicate fan above. It was designed by Edwin E. Cull of Providence, who also designed the Hospital’s administration offices in the same year.
Pages 15 & 19, Rhode Island: State-Owned Historic Properties (Rhode Island Historical Preservation Commission, 1989) PDF version available at http://www.preservation.ri.gov/survey/publications.php Note: The survey book actually attributes the building to the partnership of Cull & Robinson. However, that firm was not formed until 1946, so it had to have been designed by Cull working independently.
Project originally submitted by John P. on February 18, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE