From an Idaho Falls city press release: “In 1934, the city of Idaho Falls purchased land in Tautphaus Park, then called ‘City Park,’ and in 1935 the first zoo animals were brought to the park. Log buildings were erected throughout the park and financed as a Works Progress Administration (WPA) project. Some of these buildings can still be seen on zoo grounds and now serve as an education center and a storage barn.”
Project originally submitted by Brent McKee on October 17, 2016.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE