Recreation Center - StephenvillePhoto courtesy of Eveline Evans. © All Rights Reserved
The Works Progress Administration built the Recreation Center in Stephenville between 1936-1939. The two story white rock building has basketball courts and a stage. A metal plaque on the front notes the date 1938-1939, while a marble cornerstone has the date 1936-1938.
WPA cornerstone and plaque
Project originally submitted by Eveline Evans on October 25, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE