The Pixley Enterprise reported in 1938 that a Ranger Station had been built in Fountain Springs, at the head of the road to California Hot Springs. The building was made of adobe brick in old California Ranch style. It was a joint project of the Civilian Conservation Corps CCC), National Youth Administration (NYA) and state workers.
We have not been able to locate this building and presume that it has disappeared.
Pixley Enterprise, 9/2/38 in scrapbooks of clippings related to WPA projects in Fresno, Kern, King, Madera, and Tulare Counties (gift of Mrs. David T. Holmes, Vacaville, 1962). California State Library, Sacramento.
Project originally submitted by Gray Brechin on July 24, 2011.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE