Ranger Residence - Pinedale WY
In 1933, U.S. Forest Service workers constructed a ranger residence at 243 West Pine Street in the city of Pinedale, Wyoming.
The Colonial-Revival style building follows standard architectural plans created by George L. Nichols, a prominent regional architect whose designs were utilized by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) and the U.S. Forest Service (USFS) throughout the 1930s.
The building was originally used as both an office and a dwelling for USFS rangers to administer services in the nearby Bridger-Teton National Forest. Today, the Pinedale Ranger District uses the dwelling for storage and occasional employee housing.
Burnside, Kathryn. “George Lee Nichols: Regional Architect, Region 4.” U.S. Forest Service, Department of Agriculture, Intermountain Region. September 2006. https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fsbdev3_ 015177.pdf.
US Forest Service, “Lookouts, Latrines, and Lodgepole Cabins," Administrative Facilities of Wyoming’s Bridger-Teton National Forest, 1904-1955. Volume Two, Evaluations. United States Forest Service Intermountain Region, Bridger-Teton National Forest. March 2003. pp. 55-56. https://npshistory.com/publications/usfs/region/4/bridger-teton/hcs-2.pdf.
Project originally submitted by Shae Corey on August 11, 2022.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE