Randolph Community Center
The vocational building was constructed in Randolph during an expansion of the school in the 1930s. A teacher’s house was also added, and is located behind the vocational building. A plaque on the vocational building shows it was constructed by the NYA in 1939. The school itself was demolished in 2009, but the vocational building remains in use as a community center and the site of annual community reunions.
Mississippi Department of Archives and History, Historic Resources Inventory database.
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on November 19, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE