Map ofRalph A. MacMullan Conference Center - North Higgins Lake MI
The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) was very active in northern Michigan, planting trees, fighting fires and building recreation facilities in state parks. There was a CCC camp at Higgins Lake.
The CCC built the Ralph A. MacMullan Conference Center next to North Higgins Lake State Park in 1939-42. The conference center, which covers 32 acres on North Higgins Lake, had an earlier life as the Higgins Lake Conservation Training School, established in 1941. The school was converted to a conference center in the 1990s.
Several of the original buildings constructed by the CCC survive on the center’s campus, but further verification and photographs are needed.
Project originally submitted by Richard Walker on September 7, 2021.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE