Municipal Golf Club House
In 1937, the WPA constructed this golf course for the city of Pueblo. Evidence indicates that the Army Corps of Engineers may have contributed. The course is now known as the Elmwood Golf Course.
Source of information: (1) National Archives and Records Administration, Records of the Work Projects Administration, Information Service, Primary File, 1936-42, Box 20, Folder 350-A. John Berry, “Roosevelt's WPA a boon for sport of golf,” Record-Bee, June 19, 2009, accessed August 8, 2014. Elmwood Golf Course profile on Bluegolf.com
Project originally submitted by Brent McKee - wpatoday.org on July 7, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE