The original P.S. 48 school building, at the eastern corner of 108th Ave. and 155th St. was constructed during the mid-1930s as a Public Works Administration (PWA) project.
The building bears a 1935 cornerstone.
The New York Times: STRIKE OF 75 HALTS WORK ON 10 SCHOOLS, December 31, 1935, pg. 3.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on March 23, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE