P.S. 136 in Cambria Heights was constructed in the late 1930s as a Public Works Administration (PWA) project.
The New York Times: Mayor's Message on the City Budget, April 1, 1939 (pg. 10-11).
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on March 23, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE