The playground inside Prospect Park, located at the eastern end of 10th Street, was one of 11 Works Progress Administration (WPA) parks that opened April 4, 1936.
The New York Times: "Eleven New Playgrounds Opened by City," April 5, 1936 (pg. 102).
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on March 27, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE