Priest River Experimental Forest Headquarters Building
Originally the Priest River Experimental Station, the Priest River Experimental Forest now refers to both a stretch of forest near Priest River Idaho and the research buildings and other facilities located there. It has been a site for forestry research since 1911. During the 1930s, the CCC replaced nearly all the station’s original buildings, most of which are still standing. The CCC-constructed facilities include underground telephone and power systems, sewage system, gas house, lodge, residence #3, laboratory/office building, and residence #4.
Idaho Historic Preservation Office http://www.priestrivertimes.com/news/article_4c2d1fd6-df06-11e0-9a3e-001cc4c002e0.html http://www.foresthistory.org/ASPNET/Publications/architecture/chap2e.htm
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE