Post Office - Yuba City CA
The main post office in Yuba City was built in 1939-1940 with funds provided by the Treasury Department and Federal Work Administration. The style is vaguely Modernist Spanish Revival (red roof but minimalist columns). An annex has been added (left side, facing) and the facade appears to have been resurfaced, not to good effect. Part of the interior is intact.
In the lobby is Lulu Braghetta’s wood sculpture, “The Wealth of Sutter County,” completed in 1942 with funds provided by the Treasury Section of Fine Arts.
Originally posted in the New Deal Art Registry: http://www.newdealartregistry.org/
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE