Post Office - Whittier CA
The New Deal post office building in Whittier, California, was constructed in 1935 with federal Treasury Department funds. It was designed by R. L. Warren, with Louis A. Simon, one of the Roosevelt Administration’s chief New Deal architects, serving as Supervising Architect. Neal A. Melick served as Supervising Engineer. The building, which houses an example of New Deal artwork, is still in service.
Project originally submitted by Candi Nash on September 20, 2010.
Additional contributions by Roger McNitt.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE