Tylertown Post Office
Another Colonial Revival style post office built under the New Deal is the Tylertown post office. It was constructed in 1940, the last of the five post offices built between 1931-1940 by the Columbia & Hattiesburg firm of Dye & Mulling.
It contains a mural by Lucile Blanch, “Rural Mississippi–From Early Days to Present” that was completed in 1941.
Mississippi Department of Archives and History (Retrieved fromhttp://www.apps.mdah.ms.gov).
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on April 7, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE