Project type: Civic Facilities, Federal Facilities, Post Offices
Completed: 1940View Project in a Separate Window
This 1940 post office, constructed with funds from the federal government, is home to Maxwell B. Starr’s 1942 mural, “Building the First House at Siler’s Crossroads,” paid for by the Treasury Section of Fine Arts and available for view in the lobby.
Originally posted in the New Deal Art Registry: https://www.newdealartregistry.org/
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE