Potter and His Burro
“Along the south wall of the lobby of the Post Office is a sculpture ‘Potter and His Burro,’ commissioned by the U.S. Treasury Department’s Section of Painting and Sculpture in November 1938. It was created by Felix Schlag in honor of White Hall’s pottery industry and installed in the building in November 1939.” (NRHP)
National Register District Nomination for the White Hall District. http://gis.hpa.state.il.us/pdfs/201425.pdf Photo at: http://www.wpamurals.com/sld042.htm
Project originally submitted by Pamela Pietrowsky on June 15, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE