Rockwell City IA Post Office
The post office in Rockwell City was completed in 1940 with funds provided by the Treasury Department with Louis A. Simon as the supervising architect and Neal Melick as the supervising engineer. It is also the site of John Sharp’s 1941 mural, “Summer,” completed with funds provided by the Treasury Section of Fine Arts and viewable in the lobby.
Originally posted in the New Deal Art Registry: http://www.newdealartregistry.org/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/courthouselover/8010985722/in/photostream/ http://www.savethepostoffice.com/node/9867
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE