Project type: Post Offices, Federal Facilities
Contractors: H. D. White and CompanyView Project in a Separate Window
The historic post office building in Poplarville, Mississippi was constructed with federal Treasury Department funds during the Great Depression. Completed in 1941, it is still in use today.
“This building has an unusual plan and appearance for a post office of its period: it is a narrow-fronted, two-story, hip-roofed brick building in a simplified Colonial Revival Style” (MDAH).
Mississippi Department of Archives and History. Historic Resources Inventory database. Retrieved from https://www.apps.mdah.ms.gov/Public/prop.aspx?view=architectural
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on December 31, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE