New Hampton IA Post Office
The post office in New Hampton was completed in 1938 with funds provided by the Treasury Department. It is also the site of Thomas Savage’s 1939 mural, “Breaking the Colts,” completed with funds provided by the Treasury Section of Fine Arts and viewable in the lobby.
Originally posted in the New Deal Art Registry: http://www.newdealartregistry.org/
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE