"Wright Brothers in Ohio"
Henry Simon painted this oil on canvas mural, entitled “The Wright Brothers in Ohio,” in 1941. Sometimes mis-attributed to the W.P.A., the work was commissioned by the Treasury Section of Fine Arts. The mural was painted for the then-new (now-former) post office when the town of Fairborn was called Osborn. The work has since been relocated to the current post office in the community.
Originally posted in the New Deal Art Registry: http://www.newdealartregistry.org/
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE