Hyde Park, NY post office
The Hyde Park Post Office “… is a stone building modeled on an early house in the region. President Franklin D. Roosevelt, a native of Hyde Park, took a personal interest in the construction of the new building during the New Deal. A series of murals inside depict major events in local history. In 1988 it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.” (Wikipedia)
The building was funded by the US Treasury and constructed in 1941.
Project originally submitted by Shaina Potts on November 18, 2012.
Additional contributions by Richard Walker.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE