Post Office - Hood River OR
The Hood River post office was constructed by the Treasury Department in 1934-1935. It is still in service.
A historical marker attached to the post office reads: “From 1901 to 1935, the Hood River United States Post Office occupied the ground floor of the Masonic Hall at 210 Second Street. This post office building was completed in September 1935 after the United States government allocated $90,000 for its construction. Erected by Hoffman Construction Company, the building was designed with elements of the popular 1930s Modernistic Style that include a flat roof, large metal sash windows with geometric designs above, and decorative circular cut-outs lining the parapet.”
|Federal Cost||Local Cost||Total Cost||Project #'s|
Cornerstone and historical marker photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/courthouselover/7731139236/in/photostream/
Project originally submitted by Shaina Potts on February 19, 2013.
Additional contributions by Evan Kalish, Richard A Walker.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE