Garfield, NJ post office
The main post office in Garfield, New Jersey was constructed with federal funds. The building, which opened for business in 1936, is still in use today.
A New Deal sculpture, “Transportation of the Mail,” made by Robert Laurent in 1937, hangs in the lobby.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on April 27, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE