Former Yuma post office
The original funding was appropriated in 1931, before the beginning of the New Deal, but the beginning of construction was in 1933 close to the time that New Deal funds were being released to Arizona. Additionally, at the dedication, the governor’s secretary “made a plea to Arizona citizens for greater unity in support of the national and state recovery programs.”
Project originally submitted by Don Barrett on July 20, 2016.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE