Post Office - McAllen TX
The Treasury Department funded the construction of the Post Office in McAllen TX.
Texas Historical Commission Plaque on site:
“Built in 1935, this was the sixth location of the McAllen Post Office after its creation in 1907. The facility was dedicated on January 22, 1936, and served as a postal facility until 1957. Since 1958, the building has been used for a variety of purposes, including Federal and city office space. The Spanish colonial revival structure features a baroque frontispiece around the front door, corbelled cornice, and red tile roof. (Text of Historical Marker)”
“Henry Morgenthau Jr
Secretary of the Treasury
James A Farley
Louis A. Simon
George O. Von Nerta
William D. Van Siglen
Historical Marker and Cornerstone.
Project originally submitted by Eveline Evans on March 4, 2020.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE