Old Post Office and Courthouse Extension
The historic Post Office and Courthouse in Auburn, New York was “built in 1888–1890 and was designed by the Office of the Supervising Architect of the Treasury Department, Mifflin E. Bell, in the Richardsonian Romanesque style. The limestone-and-brick building was expanded in 1913–1914, designed by James M. Elliot, and again in 1937.” The latter extension served as a New Deal project, developed with funds provided by the federal the Treasury Department. The building presently serves as a county office building.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on January 24, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE