Post Office and Courthouse, Missoula MT
Originally the Missoula post office completed in 1913, the now-Federal Building was extended during the late 1920s to accommodate the U.S. District Court for the District of Montana. A second extension and annex — a New Deal project — was designed by Louis A. Simon of the U.S. Treasury Department and dedicated on October 13, 1937.
The building was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.
The building is still in use by the U.S. District Court for the District of Montana. It also houses the Hellgate Station post office.
http://www.gsa.gov/portal/ext/html/site/hb/category/25431/actionParameter/exploreByBuilding/buildingId/598 http://www.fjc.gov/history/courthouses.nsf/getcourthouse?OpenAgent&chid=F1133A8103EDE2418525718B00686F28 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Post_Office_%28Missoula,_Montana%29
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on October 4, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE