Clyde, NY post office
The historic post office building in Clyde, New York was constructed in “1940–1941 and is one of a number of post offices in New York State designed by the Office of the Supervising Architect of the Treasury Department, Louis A. Simon. It is a 1 1⁄2-story steel-framed, brick building on a raised foundation with a limestone watercourse, in the Colonial Revival style.”
The building also houses an example of New Deal artwork.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on May 9, 2022.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE