Clarion IA Post Office
The post office in Clarion was completed in 1939 with funds provided by the Treasury Department and with Louis A. Simon as the supervising architect and Neal Melick as the supervising engineer. It is also the site of Paul Faulkner’s 1943 mural, “Farm Scene,” completed with funds provided by the Treasury Section of Fine Arts and viewable in the lobby.
Originally posted in the New Deal Art Registry: http://www.newdealartregistry.org/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/courthouselover/8055411341/in/photostream/ http://www.savethepostoffice.com/node/9867
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE