Post Office - Baytown TXPhoto: Eveline Evans © All Rights Reserved 04/20/2019
This post office was constructed in 1936 with Treasury Department funds. Consolidation of Goose Creek, Pelly and Baytown, took place on February 15, 1947 and the new city was called Baytown. The Post Office department designated the Goose Creek Office as the main Post Office and the Baytown and Pelly offices were made substations. This, the original Baytown post office, became substation A.
The building is one story buff brick with white cement accents around the doors and front windows. Spanish tile roof.
Henry Morgenthau Jr.
Secretary of the Treasury
James A. Farley
Louis A. Simon
Neal A. Meleck
Project originally submitted by Eveline Evans on April 23, 2019.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE