"Spirit of Communication"
The cast stone bas relief, “Spirit of Communication,” was created for the former Morton, Illinois post office at the time of its completion. The work was completed in 1939 byCharles Umlauf. It was relocated, along with postal operations, to a new facility (the current Morton post office) in 1976.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on November 1, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE