"The Resources of Nature"
The former Greenville Tennessee post office and courthouse at 101 W Summer St. was built in 1904. In 1939, William Zorach installed two wooden carved reliefs depicting “The Resources of Nature” and “Man Power.” The carvings were funded by the Federal Works Agency.
After the old post office and courthouse became a private bank, the reliefs were moved to the current courthouse at this location.
Personal visit on 9/5/2014 by David, Post Office Fans Tennessee Post Office Mural Guidebook, Tennessee Post Office Murals (www.postofficefans.com) Democratic Vistas: Post Offices and Public Art in the New Deal Living New Deal Tennessee Post Office Murals: Howard Hull Personnel and Security at the James H. Quillen United States Courthouse United States District Court. Historical Society Newsletter.
Project originally submitted by Post Office Fans on November 23, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE