Columbus GA Post Office and CourthouseSource: National Archives, RG 121-BS, Box 17, Columbus Folder
“The U.S. Post Office and Courthouse, built in 1933, is an historic United States Post Office and federal courthouse building located at 120 12th Street in Columbus, Georgia. It was designed by Atlanta-based architect William Augustus Edwards who designed nine South Carolina courthouses as well as academic buildings at 12 institutions in Florida, Georgia and South Carolina. On September 29, 1980, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places.” (wikipedia)
The building is still functioning as both a courthouse and post office.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on September 8, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE