Easton post office additionFacing southeast, across S 2nd St.
The Easton post office was built in 1910. It was extended northward toward Pine Street during the New Deal era, with Treasury Department funds, in 1937. The historic building is still in use.
Source: “The Easton Post Office was constructed in 1910 as a two story mix of Beaux-Arts and Neoclassical styles with limestone cladding and wood double-hung windows. A later addition, complementing the original style, was built in 1937. The building is located in Easton’s historic district.
Original flooring, ornate trim and even the original post office boxes are still in place. Used throughout the building is a mined stone known as Royal Jersey Green, which is a light green jade like serpentine marble. This stone was mined locally, from a quarry that became depleted in the early 1970’s.”
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on March 22, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE