Polytechnic High School Girl's GymnasiumNational Archives and Records Administration
Though the roots of this school go back to 1884, it opened at its Carl Street location in 1914. Unfortunately, after a sad and racialized history in the 60s, the school was closed in the early 70s. The buildings were demolished in the mid 80s.
During the 30s, New Deal agencies were involved in the construction of the girl's gym (1937) and the school auditorium.
Need more information on which agencies were involved. For a concise but detailed history of the Polytechnic school see: The Rise and Fall of the Polytechnic School (http://www.perennialparrot.com/links/WEB%20Rise%20and%20Fall%20Part%201.pdf)