Pointe Coupee Parish Courthouse addition
The St. Landry Parish Courthouse annex and jail project was undertaken in New Roads, Louisiana during the Great Depression with the assistance of funds provided by the Public Works Administration (PWA). The facilities were part of the largest wave of courthouse construction and improvement in Louisiana history, with eleven total courthouses erected in the period of 1936-1940. The annex and jail was added to the north side of the existing courthouse in the parish at a cost of $185,971.
|Federal Cost||Local Cost||Total Cost||Project #'s|
Leighninger, R. D. (2001). The great courthouse explosion. Preservation in Print, 28(3). Preservation Resource Center of New Orleans. Leighninger, R. D. (2007). Building Louisiana: The Legacy of the Public Works Administration. The University Press of Mississippi. Pointe Coupee Parish Courthouse. Retrieved from http://www.courthouses.co/us-states/h-l/louisiana/pointe-coupee-parish/
Project originally submitted by Susan C. Allen on December 8, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE