The first tower at the top was made of wood in 1918 and was fifty-six feet high. In 1934 the wooden tower was replaced by a sixty-three foot steel tower by the Indian Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) camp at Passamaquoddy reservation. The tower was dismantled in the 1980’s.
Annual Report of the Forest Commissioner of the State of Maine
Project originally submitted by Andrew Laverdiere on January 21, 2016.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE