Pinnacles National Monument Entrance Marker
“The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) established a camp in 1933 and had a presence until 1942. During that time they paved roads, did trail restoration, and created a dam. The men who worked for the CCC also started guiding visitors through the caves.”
CCC work in the park also included the extensive collection of buildings and walls pictured here. They are near the east entrance to the Pinnacles National Monument, redesigned Pinnacles National Park in 2013, and were built using a rock found only in the Pinnacles: green pumice lapilli tuff.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE