“Pres. Franklin D. Roosevelt’s New Deal programs helped the community… Additional aid came when the Works Progress Administration provided funds that … supplied the labor for a new brick schoolhouse.”
Public Works Administration (P.W.A.) documents show that the school was constructed as a P.W.A. project, P.W.A. Docket No. WY [W]1028, with construction occurring in 1938.
Located south of the Sublette County Courthouse, the building served as a school from 1937[8?] to 1987. The building has since been demolished.
"Pinedale," by Ann Chambers Noble (page 8) http://books.google.com/books?id=Jabj4RsUqc4C&pg=PA8 Photo: http://books.google.com/books?id=Jabj4RsUqc4C&pg=PA78 National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 157.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on September 18, 2016.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE