Lewis Hall (originally Physics Building)
The Physics Building of the University of Mississippi campus, was built in 1939 as one of the last construction projects during the Public Works Administration. It was renamed Lewis Hall in 1977 for Dr. Arthur Lewis, a physics professor from 1939-1969. A research wing was added to the rear of the southwest corner in 1995.
Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
Sansing, D. S. (1999). The University of Mississippi: A Sesquicentiall History. Jackson, MS: University Press.
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on May 5, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE