The Federal Emergency Relief Administration funded improvements at the Phillips Playground in Washington DC, between 1934 and 1935.
The work consisted of the following improvements: “Graded ground, removing 200 cubic yards dirt; fencing (700 feet, 8-foot); 4 gates.”
Report of the Government of the District of Columbia, For the Year Ended June 30, 1935, Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1936, p. 116.
“Recreation Centers To Open Week With Pet And Doll Shows,” Sunday Star, July 30, 1939, p. F-8 (accessed September 1, 2020).
Project originally submitted by Brent McKee on September 1, 2020.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE