Band Room and Manual Arts Building, Perry School
“In 1937 the public school system was in serious need of a building program, but the two previous bond issues were not yet paid off and, because of the Depression, the valuation of the district had dropped drastically. These circumstance would allow for only a small bond issue. However, with the help of government funds made available through the W.P.A. and small bond issue, several major building projects were completed; the Manual Arts building in 1937, the Band building in 1939. ” (https://perry.k12.ok.us)
The current Perry High School has several new buildings. These WPA buildings are still standing, but it is not clear whether they are at the current Perry High School, or whether the names of the schools have been changed since the 1930s.
"The Oklahoman: Jan l, 1939. https://perry.k12.ok.us/index.php/schools/ https://www.cherokee-strip-museum.org/Beers/Beers-19970425.htm
Project originally submitted by Susan Kline on June 29, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE